Well, maybe. But given that Luke has stated his intention to shut the board, and given the paucity of threads it looks likely. Bloody Facebook.
On that note let's hear the following: 1. Favourite Reanimator 2. Best live band at Reanimator 3. Best band discovered through Reanimator 4. Favourite Reanimator incident 5. Favourite Reanimator trauma 6. Favourite board photoshop.
For me: 1. Hard choice. It was great to see the Pear rammed for Conquest of Steel, Nocturnal/Serpentcult/Salute/Acral Necrosis was a great line up and the thrash all-dayer was pure chaos, but great at the same time. 2. Enforcer. Not musically perfect, but incredible energy in an upstairs little pub room. Best technical performance was Nailed, who played a hammering set of music I wouldn't like on record. 3. Hard to say since I was involved in booking a lot of the bands, but Luke introducing me to Asomvel ruled. 4. The Wayne/Crowning Glory interface, or Luke and Dave arguing in a curry house. Or Flav's manic moshing to Terrorama. Or Asomvel railing on the band whose name escapes me. Or Dan's onstage rant. Or Dave's dancing to Imindain. Too many. 5. The whole of the thrash all-dayer, but mainly Dave getting electrocuted. 6. Dan Rooney, hands down.
1. Diamanthian/Grave Miasma/Scythain/Cruciamentum. That night was properly killer; no fucking around, just wall-to-wall death metal brilliance. An absolutely stand-out show, really.
2. Grave Miasma. Unquestionably. I think it's always a gamble for a band to do the "ritual" thing, but they absolutely nailed it. It was the first time I'd ever heard any of their stuff, and maybe the first time I ever "got" death metal in a live setting. I was absolutely hooked from that moment on and nary a week goes by when I don't listen to one of their releases.
3. See above.
4. and 5. Inseparable, really - it's got to be the whole shenanigans at the Hell Militia/The One show. Drunk Scottish neo-Nazis, weird stage video, the way the whole thing was put together at the last minute on the back of a fag packet... That gig is one of the stand-out experiences of going to see bands play, for me. Everything about it was totally underground and it retains such an aura in my mind.
6. It's impossible to see beyond Dan Rooney.
Last Edit: Jan 5, 2011 14:15:54 GMT -5 by Nickyboi
1. Nocturnal 2. Nocturnal 3. Dark Forest 4. Billy getting really angry because Max kept on stamping his forehead with the "Reanimator" stamper 5. Hell Militia (It was our Spinal Tap moment for sure) 6. Guess the album cover photoshop was a good game
Other memories involved me getting in a massive fight with the two assholes from Monstrosity (I class it as a "reanimator" gig)
When I DJ'ed on my birthday at the Mono bar and got extremely wasted on Amstel thanks to everyone buying me beer then walked into the door at the end of the night.
Meeting Qais I miss that guy.
every ones favorite drunken thrash metal bastard
And you ate a 12 inch before I was halfway through a 9 inch!
Ok unfortunatly i didnt see a whole lot of reanimator gigs but heres what i can say
1. Favourite Reanimator - Death metal all dayer hectic day, full of insidents but great day 2. Best live band at Reanimator - Origin 3. Best band discovered through Reanimator - diamanthian i knew of them before but it wasnt til the dm all dayer and the show at eddies that i appriciated how awesome they were 4. Favourite Reanimator incident - infant bile conga 5. Favourite Reanimator trauma - Dan in general being the worlds best e thug ;D 6. Favourite board photoshop. pass
Awesome. I have a lot of good memories! I'm sitting here looking at all the Reanimator flyers up on my wall and Reanimator has done some fucking great shows.
1. Favourite Reanimator - Very hard. I think the best lineup I was involved in was the Cloven Hoof alldayer but selling out the Bristol Pear on our second Birthay was incredible. I think the third Birthday was brilliant too. Both really felt like we had a real scene / community going, vibes were good, things were brilliant.
2. Best live band at Reanimator - Also very hard as we didn't book many bad ones. Rannoch were 100 times better than i thought they'd be. Darkest Era. The Wounded Kings at their headline show last year. Crowning Glory, although not my 'thing', were far far too good for the Bristol Pear. Enforcer. Nocturnal...
3. Best band discovered through Reanimator - Like Bill I 'discovered' most of these bands for Reanimator. Of the ones he put to me, I'd say The Lamp of Thoth.
4. Favourite Reanimator incident - easily Dave getting electrocuted at the Irish Centre, this was beyond brilliant. Close run thing: Dave dancing at Imindain and Lee's reaction.
5. Favourite Reanimator trauma - I'm not sure i have 'favourite' traumas. The Gates of Slumber showing up about 4 hours late with the whole show backline is one of the worst. So is the Hell Militia shenanigans. Top of the list of me however is the thrash alldayer, where I had to spend an hour looking after the vomiting Povey outside on the pavement, argue with the bouncers over some guys who chucked out for having sex in the toilet, take 'personal responsibility' for any unjuries that might have been caused through moshing and then literally beg for the gig not to be shut down early.
6. Favourite board photoshop - very old one, but the shot of Tom and El Nekro side by side. They were different people after all!